Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

About Me

If you're reading this, then somehow you stumbled into my tiny corner of the web. There is no over arching scheme to this. It's just a blog by a woman with jumbled thoughts that spill out from time to time. I'm all over the place and I'm sure that will shine brightly throughout my writing. I'm not sure if any of that said anything about me... Lawyer. Texan. Gemini. Aggie. That did ;)

Followers

Search

Type your search keyword, and press enter

Ordered List

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bucking the Trend

          No comments   
Watch carefully the magic that occurs when you give a person just enough comfort to be themselves.  
– Atticus

It’s a new year, it’s a new day, it’s a new dawn…ha, I like that song. However, it is a new year and I’m the same me, but with some added new things. Everyone’s out making their resolutions and goals list for the new year and I’m just over here like, I’m just going to live life and see what happens. Sure, I have things I’d like to do and things I’d like to accomplish, but I don’t want to confine myself to a list of bullet points. I just want to live out loud and let life unfold. I want to do dope ish with dope people. If I can be a better version of me by year end, 2017 will be a win.

People are constantly putting pressure on themselves: lose 50 pounds and look like a supermodel; get promoted in 90 days; ask out the hot chick that lives on the 5th floor; make him fall in love with me and meet the parents. And so on and so forth. When those things don’t turn out the way they want, cue the violins and cellos with the woe is me notes. Now, they’re feeling blue, down in the dumps and cursing the whole year, declaring, “I can’t wait until this crappy year is over. Next year will be my best year!” Yeah, I’m good on all that. I’m going to focus on shedding negativity and planting seeds of positivity and prosperity into my life. The rest will follow. Love is going to be a thing too, starting with myself.

Love yourselves, unconditionally. You are your biggest critic and naysayer. You can’t give out vibes of love if you don’t even love yourself, flaws and all. You’re going to screw up sometimes. You’re going to make mistakes. You might even inadvertently hurt someone. Encourage yourself to learn from all that you experience and then move on from the negative energy, turn it into something positive. Don’t allow people who aren’t for you to have a seat in your life. Negativity leaves a blemish that can fester into a black hole of despair and emptiness. You don’t need that. Let those toxic things and people go. I want to live by the edicts of love in 2017 and beyond. When it’s time to close the chapter in the book of my life entitled “2017,” I want to be full of positive energy, positive feelings, and positive people.

Cheers to the new year! Who knows what adventures await? I’m ready. Come along for the ride. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment