Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

About Me

If you're reading this, then somehow you stumbled into my tiny corner of the web. There is no over arching scheme to this. It's just a blog by a woman with jumbled thoughts that spill out from time to time. I'm all over the place and I'm sure that will shine brightly throughout my writing. I'm not sure if any of that said anything about me... Lawyer. Texan. Gemini. Aggie. That did ;)

Followers

Search

Type your search keyword, and press enter

Ordered List

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Strange Case of Two Blogs and an Active Mind

          No comments   

“In the days before automobiles, people in horse-drawn wagons used to sleep if they were tired. They didn't worry about getting lost, because the horse knew the way home. Your heart knows the way to your gifts. You can trust it to take you to them.” 
 Barbara Sher, What Do I Do When I Want To Do Everything?: A Revolutionary Programme For Doing Everything That You Love

Sometimes I wish I had a ying to my yang to contain the racing of my mind. When you have a mind that never rests and never ending thoughts that never cease, you’re bound to catch one of those elusive ideas and make it tangible and real, not just a figment of imagination. Sometimes I want to kick this lawyer thing, sell all my belongs and be a world citizen, coming and going from all the places that appear on bucket lists. A girl can dream.

While having a conversation with a colleague last week, I expressed a feeling of restlessness that was incessantly nagging on me, creeping into my subconscious mind, camping out in the corner, whispering for me to do things.
Start this…establish that…model here…act over there…travel to Peru and volunteer in a village…do EVERYTHING.

As a result of my midday conversation with said colleague, I may not be selling all my belongs, but I have decided to make a blog about travel and food. I would like to take submissions from my friends and hosts them on the blog as well as my own adventures.

It’s currently just a work in progress, but I’m already working on my first posts when I launch. After a slight ski fail in Colorado, I packed up and visited my friend DeShun in Las Vegas where we went….*gasp* skiing! I know, some of you are saying, “what? how?” And I will answer that when I launch the new blog that will be independent of this one.

The hurdle and struggle for me will be keeping up with both blogs. I haven’t written in my blog since December. Hopefully, I won’t fall into the business as usual model I’ve been practicing since I started blogging. I haven’t mastered the art of consistency for my personal blog, but maybe this new venture I’m starting will be the catalyst that reels me in. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment